MONROE COUNTY, Wis. (WKBT) - A suspect in an attempted kidnapping on September 9, 2013, in Monroe County is now in custody, according to the Monroe County Sheriff's Office.
Daniel P. Pickett, 20, of Arkdale, is accused of attempting to abduct a woman after being involved in a vehicle crash on County Highway O just north of Destiny Ave. in the Township of Lincoln. The victim told law enforcement the man tried to force her into his car after the crash.
Pickett faces several charges, including attempted homicide, battery, hit and run, disorderly conduct, strangulation/suffocation, reckless endangering safety, false imprisonment and attempting kidnapping. The Monroe County Sheriff's Office said Pickett was identified as a result of the investigation of the attempted kidnapping and some stolen vehicles.
The Monroe County Sheriff's Office said Picket is currently in another jail for a different incident.23820444
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- Injured Packers Nelson, Adams could be game-time decisions
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial