MONROE COUNTY, Wis. (WKBT) - A suspect in an attempted kidnapping on September 9, 2013, in Monroe County is now in custody, according to the Monroe County Sheriff's Office.
Daniel P. Pickett, 20, of Arkdale, is accused of attempting to abduct a woman after being involved in a vehicle crash on County Highway O just north of Destiny Ave. in the Township of Lincoln. The victim told law enforcement the man tried to force her into his car after the crash.
Pickett faces several charges, including attempted homicide, battery, hit and run, disorderly conduct, strangulation/suffocation, reckless endangering safety, false imprisonment and attempting kidnapping. The Monroe County Sheriff's Office said Pickett was identified as a result of the investigation of the attempted kidnapping and some stolen vehicles.
The Monroe County Sheriff's Office said Picket is currently in another jail for a different incident.23820444
- Trump, Walker discuss Wisconsin dairy dispute
- Prosecutor: No water for week led to jail dehydration death
- Student stabbed at Kenosha high school
- House Republicans pass abortion bills
- Report: Saints, running back Peterson agree on contract
- Federal officials charge 15 with eagle trafficking
- Cool, wet conditions put damper on Minnesota spring planting
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Assignment: Education - Backpack meals