EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. (AP) - A man who shot himself in the head outside the Eden Prairie police station before he was to be questioned in the disappearance of a 24-year-old woman has died.
According to an Eden Prairie news release Saturday morning, the Hennepin County Medical Examiner confirmed the death of 24-year-old David Roe.
Mandy Marie Matula was reported missing Thursday morning after she didn't show up for work. Police believe she was with Roe, of Victoria, in Miller Park early Thursday.
Roe had agreed to speak with police later Thursday. Police say the two had a romantic relationship previously, but were not currently dating.
Officers cordoned off an area near Miller Park Saturday where they had found an unfired piece of ammunition.
Police asked anyone with information on Matula's whereabouts to call them.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather