WESTBORO, WI (AP) - Authorities say a suspect has been arrested after a sheriff's deputy was shot and wounded in Taylor County.
Sheriff's officials say the deputy tried to contact the man at a home in the Westboro area Sunday night for an alleged violation of a court-ordered injunction. Authorities say the deputy came under fire and was injured, but was able to call dispatchers for help.
Emergency medical personnel and additional law enforcement officers were sent to the scene. The injured deputy was taken by air to the hospital where he's recovering.
WAOW-TV says the gunman was taken into custody about three hours later and was taken to the Lincoln County Jail.
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Handful of rat virus cases seen in Wisconsin and Illinois
- Pocan compliments Trump before skipping inauguration
- Nebraska, Iowa Guard troops assigned inauguration duties
- E. Iowa man charged in death of woman killed by cannon
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge