LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Wisconsin Democrats are in La Crosse introducing their nominee for Attorney General.
Candidate Susan Happ was joined by fellow democrats Tuesday outside of the La Crosse County courthouse.
This is Happ's first visit to La Crosse since her primary victory last week. She says if elected her main job will be defending the constitution no matter what the circumstances are.
"We've sort of seen a lack of respect and trust in our government officials, and we've got to work to get that back. The first thing you've got to do is take the politics out of that office, out of our offices generally, but certainly just work really hard to interpret the constitution to apply and defend it," said Happ.
Happ is currently serving as the Jefferson County District Attorney.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest