LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Wisconsin Democrats are in La Crosse introducing their nominee for Attorney General.
Candidate Susan Happ was joined by fellow democrats Tuesday outside of the La Crosse County courthouse.
This is Happ's first visit to La Crosse since her primary victory last week. She says if elected her main job will be defending the constitution no matter what the circumstances are.
"We've sort of seen a lack of respect and trust in our government officials, and we've got to work to get that back. The first thing you've got to do is take the politics out of that office, out of our offices generally, but certainly just work really hard to interpret the constitution to apply and defend it," said Happ.
Happ is currently serving as the Jefferson County District Attorney.
- Wisconsin Revenue Department touts anti-fraud efforts
- The Latest: Wisconsin superintendent hopefuls hold forum
- Two found dead near Oshkosh during welfare check
- Republican proposes raising UW tuition by inflation, income
- New budget forecast coming Tuesday
- Stripper sues club in popular tourist destination
- Candidates for Wisconsin superintendent face off at forum
- Dayton administration proposes more energy from renewables
- Lawmakers push for hemp comeback in Wisconsin
- Senate to vote on ending ban on Sunday liquor sales