LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Wisconsin Democrats are in La Crosse introducing their nominee for Attorney General.
Candidate Susan Happ was joined by fellow democrats Tuesday outside of the La Crosse County courthouse.
This is Happ's first visit to La Crosse since her primary victory last week. She says if elected her main job will be defending the constitution no matter what the circumstances are.
"We've sort of seen a lack of respect and trust in our government officials, and we've got to work to get that back. The first thing you've got to do is take the politics out of that office, out of our offices generally, but certainly just work really hard to interpret the constitution to apply and defend it," said Happ.
Happ is currently serving as the Jefferson County District Attorney.
- La Crosse Police urge boaters to be safe over weekend
- De Soto student in custody for school threat
- Man convicted of killing Wisconsin woman buried in basement
- Jury convicts man in St. Paul workplace shooting of ex-wife
- Troopers focus on Interstate 90 in South Dakota, Minnesota
- Woman jumps on hood of car to stop thief
- Judge dismisses lawsuit from teacher body-slammed by student
- Dubuque high school teacher charged in marijuana case
- 18-year-old suspect in custody in Appleton bank robbery
- Minneapolis man arrested in Columbia Heights bank robbery