SUN PRAIRIE, WI (AP) - A special-education assistant at Sun Prairie High School has been arrested after she was accused of sexually assaulting a male teenage student.
A Wisconsin State Journal report says the district placed the 25-year-old woman on leave Wednesday and fired her Friday.
Sun Prairie police Lt. Brian Teasdale says the woman began a relationship with the 17-year-old in November.
District spokeswoman Sarah Heck says school officials heard a rumor of potential misconduct Tuesday. They reported the allegations to police the next day.
Police arrested the woman on a tentative charge of sexual assaulting a child.
Heck says the student's family has been told about the investigation.
District administrator Tim Culver says he's satisfied that the woman was placed on leave within 24 hours of school officials hearing about the relationship.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather