LA CROSSE, Wis. - Area students are making a difference this Christmas season.
A group of Tomah High school students are writing letters to Santa, but. it's not for presents for themselves. It's all part of Macy's Make-a-Wish event. For every letter delivered to Santa, Macy's will donate one dollar to the Make-a-Wish Foundation.
The letters represent what each student wishes for besides presents during the holidays. "We kind of challenged our students to kind of let go of their egos and think about what good can happen in the world and write a letter to hope for that to come true," says Tomah Assistant Principal Jeff Adams. The students wrote more than 800 letters. Those letters were delivered to Macy's Saturday.
- Wisconsin at high risk of wildfires after sunny, dry weather
- Trump, Walker discuss Wisconsin dairy dispute
- Prosecutor: No water for week led to jail dehydration death
- Student stabbed at Kenosha high school
- Bridge project in southeast Minnesota on schedule, budget
- House Republicans pass abortion bills
- Minnesota couple accused of sexually assaulting teenage girl
- Report: Saints, running back Peterson agree on contract
- Federal officials charge 15 with eagle trafficking
- No injuries at early morning house fire in Onalaska