MADISON, WI (AP) - Students of a Middleton school teacher who viewed pornography at work are being allowed to transfer to a study hall if they are uncomfortable in his class.
Glacier Creek Middle School teacher Andrew Harris was fired in 2010 for sharing sexually inappropriate images. The Wisconsin Supreme Court recently declined to take up an appeal of an arbitrator ruling by the school district. So Harris is returning Monday to teach science at Kromrey Middle School.
School District spokesman Perry Hibner tells the State Journal there will also be a second staff member with Harris for at least two weeks to ease parents' concerns.
Harris' attorney, William Haus, says he suspects the district isn't acting in good faith to comply with an arbitrator's ruling that Harris be reinstated to an equivalent position.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather