MADISON, WI (AP) - Students of a Middleton school teacher who viewed pornography at work are being allowed to transfer to a study hall if they are uncomfortable in his class.
Glacier Creek Middle School teacher Andrew Harris was fired in 2010 for sharing sexually inappropriate images. The Wisconsin Supreme Court recently declined to take up an appeal of an arbitrator ruling by the school district. So Harris is returning Monday to teach science at Kromrey Middle School.
School District spokesman Perry Hibner tells the State Journal there will also be a second staff member with Harris for at least two weeks to ease parents' concerns.
Harris' attorney, William Haus, says he suspects the district isn't acting in good faith to comply with an arbitrator's ruling that Harris be reinstated to an equivalent position.
- You participated in the Women's March. Now what?
- Local event helps connect military families
- Dayton's State of the State will set stage for 2017 session
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Trump to meet congressional leaders Monday at the White House
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- Man died after kayak capsized, Des Moines authorities say
- Man fatally shot in Waterloo, authorities say