HOUSTON COUNTY, Minn. - Houston County Commissioners declared Houston County under a "State of Emergency" at 3 p.m. Sunday.
The thunderstorms that swept through the area late Saturday/early Sunday morning caused about $2 million in damages, according to Houston County Emergency Management.
One vehicle was reported swept off the roadway on County 15, which resulted in the rescue of one subject.
Emergency management leaders says travel throughout the county is extremely limited due to recent heavy rains. Houston County Highway Department along with Houston County Sheriff Department are still conducting damage survey's and reporting closers.
Roadways are washed out or either under water. Here's an updated list as of 3 p.m. of known road closures:
County 4 – Faller hill by Rooster Valley Rd
County 5 – North of New Albin.
County 10 – Schecks Mill area
County 12 – Tom Falls to County 11
County 15 – to Fillmore County Line
County 25 – State 16 to County 21
County 27 – total washout at 16776, west of Bangs, will be closed for awhile
County 31 – Cty 5 to Cty 2
Cut Across Road
Freeberg Ridge Road – fire or Ambulance will have to go out Jefferson Ridge Road
Hamilton Road in Brownsville
Mound Prairie Drive
Swede Bottom Road
Marina Road in Brownsville
Rooster Valley near County 4
FILLMORE COUNTY – State 43 bridge in Choice is closed
2013 06 23 ROADS DAMAGED BUT PASSABLE
County 21 – 3" of water on it but passable
County 22 – John Fishells down to 16 – passable but ditches
County 249 – Trees down but passable
State 76 - by County 4, concern about volume going under bridge
Parkside by Gorgens, concrete undercut, not sure what township is doing with it
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death