MADISON, Wis. - A loss prevention officer was attacked in front of Black Friday shoppers when he approached two women and a teenager he suspected of theft.
The 24-year-old victim told police the women were leaving the JC Penney at East Towne Mall in Madison before 8 p.m. Friday and were heading into the mall when he asked them to stop.
He said the women and 14-year-old girl punched and kicked him. He was not seriously hurt, but bleeding from a cut near an ear.
Police said stolen clothes and other items were found in a stroller beneath a baby.
Lesley M. Williams, 22, of Sun Prairie, was arrested on suspicion of battery and retail theft. Ashley R. Williams, 24, of Reedsburg, was arrested on suspicion of disorderly conduct and bail jumping.
The 14-year-old was arrested on suspicion of battery and released to a family member.
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Mom who made kids sleep in feces-covered room gets probation
- Democrats announce new gun safety coalition
- Bill would eliminate last of Wisconsin's prevailing wage
- First Battalion aviation unit deploys to Middle East
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls