MADISON, Wis. - A loss prevention officer was attacked in front of Black Friday shoppers when he approached two women and a teenager he suspected of theft.
The 24-year-old victim told police the women were leaving the JC Penney at East Towne Mall in Madison before 8 p.m. Friday and were heading into the mall when he asked them to stop.
He said the women and 14-year-old girl punched and kicked him. He was not seriously hurt, but bleeding from a cut near an ear.
Police said stolen clothes and other items were found in a stroller beneath a baby.
Lesley M. Williams, 22, of Sun Prairie, was arrested on suspicion of battery and retail theft. Ashley R. Williams, 24, of Reedsburg, was arrested on suspicion of disorderly conduct and bail jumping.
The 14-year-old was arrested on suspicion of battery and released to a family member.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- UnitedHealth tops Street 4Q forecasts
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion