LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - In about a week the path's around Gundersen Health System in La Crosse will be filled with Pink.
About 5,000 people are already signed up for Steppin' Out in Pink coming up on Saturday, September 6.
The event is a fundraiser for Breast Cancer research and care in our area. They're hoping to raise more than $430,000. It features a walk around the trails, food, and a variety of family entertainment.
An organizer says her favorite part is watching the number of survivors grow.
"With those survivors come their friends, family, their co-workers, neighbors, and we have some teams of survivors that have 200 people with them. They come to celebrate their life or they come to remember somebody who has passed, and it just becomes a passion," said Steppin' Out in Pink Organizer Debbie Kroner.
Early registration is open through Monday night at www.SteppinOutInPink.org.
The event kicks off at 9 a.m. on September 6.
- Holmen homicide suspect pleads guilty in 2015 murder
- Turnout hits 8 percent in Wisconsin superintendent race
- Powerball jackpot tops $400 million for 1st time in months
- The guitar that will build a La Crosse home
- Former Packer talks leadership, teamwork at Boy Scouts fundraiser
- Interfaith panel promotes understanding
- 'Spudmobile' makes stop at La Crosse schools
- La Crescent leaders hear ideas for downtown development
- Businesses gather for discussion on possible new tax
- Students learn robotics at Trane in La Crosse