LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - In about a week the path's around Gundersen Health System in La Crosse will be filled with Pink.
About 5,000 people are already signed up for Steppin' Out in Pink coming up on Saturday, September 6.
The event is a fundraiser for Breast Cancer research and care in our area. They're hoping to raise more than $430,000. It features a walk around the trails, food, and a variety of family entertainment.
An organizer says her favorite part is watching the number of survivors grow.
"With those survivors come their friends, family, their co-workers, neighbors, and we have some teams of survivors that have 200 people with them. They come to celebrate their life or they come to remember somebody who has passed, and it just becomes a passion," said Steppin' Out in Pink Organizer Debbie Kroner.
Early registration is open through Monday night at www.SteppinOutInPink.org.
The event kicks off at 9 a.m. on September 6.
- La Crosse Police urge boaters to be safe over weekend
- De Soto student in custody for school threat
- Rail tank car helps first responders prepare in case of derailment
- Locomotive engine oil spill in Jackson county
- The Latest: Teens in Wisconsin plane crash identified
- The Latest: Teen plane crash survivor in serious condition
- Wisconsin seeks to be first to drug test Medicaid applicants
- Wisconsin woman jumps on hood of her SUV to prevent theft
- Minneapolis plastic bag ban could be blocked
- Task force catches more criminals exploiting children online