LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - In about a week the path's around Gundersen Health System in La Crosse will be filled with Pink.
About 5,000 people are already signed up for Steppin' Out in Pink coming up on Saturday, September 6.
The event is a fundraiser for Breast Cancer research and care in our area. They're hoping to raise more than $430,000. It features a walk around the trails, food, and a variety of family entertainment.
An organizer says her favorite part is watching the number of survivors grow.
"With those survivors come their friends, family, their co-workers, neighbors, and we have some teams of survivors that have 200 people with them. They come to celebrate their life or they come to remember somebody who has passed, and it just becomes a passion," said Steppin' Out in Pink Organizer Debbie Kroner.
Early registration is open through Monday night at www.SteppinOutInPink.org.
The event kicks off at 9 a.m. on September 6.
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Gundersen warns against travelling to Zika-impacted areas
- Todd English named Firefighter of the Year for 2016