WINONA, Minn. (WKBT) - Healthier lifestyles for children was the goal of an event in Winona Sunday.
Step into Summer is a free event that aims to show children and their parents how easy it is to be healthy.
Making smart food choices as well as staying active were on the agenda. The event kicked off with a 2 mile walk. Afterwards different activities promoting health were held at Winona Health.
It's something organizers hope children can use as they get older. "Hopefully they'll take those same healthy positive actions into their adult life and continue passing on a healthier way of life rather than those unhealthy habits so if they learn at a young age, how easy it is to be healthy and active, they'll carry it on with adulthood and pass it on to their children," said Janel Miller from Winona Health.
The Winona Healthy Kids Club will host another free event this Fall.
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Adams joins Nelson as latest question in Packers WR group
- Man arrested in apparent Hibbing homicide
- Walker sends letter in support of DeVos for education head
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion Hunt Clues 2017
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors
- Peaches and cheese: Governors place bet on Falcons-Packers