WINONA, Minn. (WKBT) - Healthier lifestyles for children was the goal of an event in Winona Sunday.
Step into Summer is a free event that aims to show children and their parents how easy it is to be healthy.
Making smart food choices as well as staying active were on the agenda. The event kicked off with a 2 mile walk. Afterwards different activities promoting health were held at Winona Health.
It's something organizers hope children can use as they get older. "Hopefully they'll take those same healthy positive actions into their adult life and continue passing on a healthier way of life rather than those unhealthy habits so if they learn at a young age, how easy it is to be healthy and active, they'll carry it on with adulthood and pass it on to their children," said Janel Miller from Winona Health.
The Winona Healthy Kids Club will host another free event this Fall.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Ninth annual Earth Fair attracts local families
- Coulee Council on Addictions announces plans for new building
- La Crosse brush pick-up starts this week
- Course teaches Somali culture in central Minnesota