WINONA, Minn. - The weather didn't stop children from participating in an Easter Egg Hunt Sunday in Winona, but the event did have to move indoors.
Students at Saint Mary's University (SMU) held the school's first egg hunt for children in the community. The event was free to attend and featured several games and coloring stations as well for the kids.19454012
Local businesses helped pay for the event, but SMU students did all the planning.
"It's just a way for us to give back to the community as well and to allow students the opportunity to interact with the community a little bit more," said St. Mary's University student Julianne Bartosz.
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Monday closings due to weather
- Tomah police asking for help following morning high-speed chase
- US Rep. Pocan says he won't attend Trump inauguration
- Local activists hold "Save Our Healthcare" rally
- Local bar burglarized
- More than a dozen cell towers may go up in La Crosse
- Potential suicide spike in La Crosse County
- UPDATE: Suspect charged in Trempealeau County fatal crash
- Area youth group helps prepare for fundraiser