LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The warmer weather brought a lot of people outside Sunday, but it also closed down some outdoor activities.
Trails in Lower and Upper Hixon, including the Human Powered Trails, are closed until further notice. The closure is weather dependent and is done to preserve the surface of these trails during the annual Spring thaw.
La Crosse ball fields are also closed for the thaw and will remain closed until the frost is out of the ground. Residents are asked to refrain from using the trails and fields until they are open for the season.
- Man being deported after transit officer asked about status
- Thousands traveling on Memorial Day weekend
- Community shares Memorial Day plans, traditions
- Wet weather delays crop planting
- Proposed bill aims to bring veterans into agriculture
- Wisconsin 2016 job gain smallest in 6 years
- Small school graduates four sets of twins
- News 8 Sports Round Up- May 27, 2017
- Local Radio Shack closing permanently
- 3 Rivers Nutrition hosts beach fitness camp