LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The warmer weather brought a lot of people outside Sunday, but it also closed down some outdoor activities.
Trails in Lower and Upper Hixon, including the Human Powered Trails, are closed until further notice. The closure is weather dependent and is done to preserve the surface of these trails during the annual Spring thaw.
La Crosse ball fields are also closed for the thaw and will remain closed until the frost is out of the ground. Residents are asked to refrain from using the trails and fields until they are open for the season.
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Adams joins Nelson as latest question in Packers WR group
- Man arrested in apparent Hibbing homicide
- Walker sends letter in support of DeVos for education head
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion Hunt Clues 2017
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors
- Peaches and cheese: Governors place bet on Falcons-Packers