LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The warmer weather brought a lot of people outside Sunday, but it also closed down some outdoor activities.
Trails in Lower and Upper Hixon, including the Human Powered Trails, are closed until further notice. The closure is weather dependent and is done to preserve the surface of these trails during the annual Spring thaw.
La Crosse ball fields are also closed for the thaw and will remain closed until the frost is out of the ground. Residents are asked to refrain from using the trails and fields until they are open for the season.
- Rep. Walz mulling Democratic bid for Minnesota governor
- Attorney general announces deal on drug overdose treatment
- Viterbo students spend one night homeless
- The Latest: Dakota Access pipeline could be operating soon
- Warm weather a worry for apple growers
- Organic conference returns to La Crosse
- Appeals court hearing arguments in Wisconsin voting cases
- Downtown Minneapolis hospital announces layoffs
- WSU Baseball drafts 14-year-old for team
- City of La Crosse looks to crowdsource Buzz's Bikes fix