ONALASKA, Wis. (WKBT) - A special graduation ceremony was held Tuesday night for the Onalaska High School senior who was injured in a longboard accident at the end of May.
Tyler McCaffrey was longboarding with his friends when he decided to go down a steep hill. He wasn't wearing a helmet and fell, fracturing the back of his skull.
The accident happened less than a week before McCaffrey's high school graduation. McCaffrey had some motor function problems when he came out of a medically induced coma. He's out of the hospital and his family told News 8 he has made some improvements.
McCaffrey received his diploma at a special graduation ceremony at Onalaska High School in the library. There was a room full of supporters, including some of the Onalaska High School Class of 2014.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks