ONALASKA, Wis. (WKBT) - A special graduation ceremony was held Tuesday night for the Onalaska High School senior who was injured in a longboard accident at the end of May.
Tyler McCaffrey was longboarding with his friends when he decided to go down a steep hill. He wasn't wearing a helmet and fell, fracturing the back of his skull.
The accident happened less than a week before McCaffrey's high school graduation. McCaffrey had some motor function problems when he came out of a medically induced coma. He's out of the hospital and his family told News 8 he has made some improvements.
McCaffrey received his diploma at a special graduation ceremony at Onalaska High School in the library. There was a room full of supporters, including some of the Onalaska High School Class of 2014.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.