SPARTA, Wis (WKBT) - Sixth graders at Meadowview Middle School showcased their creative side with new toy designs on Wednesday.
For the past few weeks, the kids have been learning the history behind their favorite toys. Next, they were put into groups to combine their toys to create something brand new.
The teachers at Meadowview have done this project for many years because they say it has been very successful. They use this activity to teach a lot more than being creative.
"We're focusing a lot on the writing, a lot on working together, collaborating," said Sparta 6th grade teacher, Dana Hoff. "They write a paper about it, highlight their three selling points, and they also incorporate technology when they create a commercial."
Some of the toy inventors said they couldn't wait to be in sixth grade because of this Toy Company simulation. Wednesday's showcase was open to the elementary school and people in the community.23555476
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Urban Beekeeping
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse