SPARTA, Wis (WKBT) - Sixth graders at Meadowview Middle School showcased their creative side with new toy designs on Wednesday.
For the past few weeks, the kids have been learning the history behind their favorite toys. Next, they were put into groups to combine their toys to create something brand new.
The teachers at Meadowview have done this project for many years because they say it has been very successful. They use this activity to teach a lot more than being creative.
"We're focusing a lot on the writing, a lot on working together, collaborating," said Sparta 6th grade teacher, Dana Hoff. "They write a paper about it, highlight their three selling points, and they also incorporate technology when they create a commercial."
Some of the toy inventors said they couldn't wait to be in sixth grade because of this Toy Company simulation. Wednesday's showcase was open to the elementary school and people in the community.23555476
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Alternative transportation forum looks to the future
- Highway 53 steering committee considering options for corridor development
- Toyota donates nearly $15,000 to La Crosse YWCA
- Buzz's Bikes building still looking for new owners