SPARTA, Wis. - The snow Sunday night into Monday caused another round of school closings and delays for some schools. It's happened often enough this year that at least one district is looking at make-up days.
The Sparta school district says it has one day to make up this year so far.
It has had three snow days and six late starts this year. That third snow day has to be made up in June, and any additional days will be tacked on to the end of the school year or will shorten spring break.19280362
District officials, however, say they are not thinking about that when they make the call to cancel.
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Local students compete in dairy cook off
- Cub scouts donate bird nest boxes to La Crosse marsh
- La Crosse Police policies to be assessed in accreditation process
- Excessive use of technology among youth raising concerns