SPARTA, WI - A 21-year old Sparta man is dead in a police officer involved shooting.
Sparta police were called to the 1,000 block of South Fairway Drive just after nine Friday night for a disturbance call.
Police said the man threatened family members with a knife.
They aren't saying what exactly lead to the man's death, but the officer involved has been placed on administrative leave as standard practice.22298518
Sparta police and the Wisconsin Department of Justice Division of Criminal Investigation are looking into the case.
The man's name is not being released at this time.
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Gundersen warns against travelling to Zika-impacted areas
- Todd English named Firefighter of the Year for 2016