SPARTA, Wis. (WKBT) - Sparta police cited a 24-year-old after his children were allegedly exposed to marijuana.
A parent called law enforcement after believing her children, ages 5 and 7, were exposed to marijuana at their father's home on River Road on the night of January 19, according to Sparta police.
Officers checked on the children and then went to Dustin Walters' residence where they smelled the odor of marijuana. Walters admitted to police he had smoked some earlier, but not when the children were present.
Walters was cited for possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia. Officers were not able to determine the extent of the exposure, but Monroe County Human Services Child Protection was advised of the situation.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Urban Beekeeping
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse