SPARTA, Wis. (WKBT) - Sparta police cited a 24-year-old after his children were allegedly exposed to marijuana.
A parent called law enforcement after believing her children, ages 5 and 7, were exposed to marijuana at their father's home on River Road on the night of January 19, according to Sparta police.
Officers checked on the children and then went to Dustin Walters' residence where they smelled the odor of marijuana. Walters admitted to police he had smoked some earlier, but not when the children were present.
Walters was cited for possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia. Officers were not able to determine the extent of the exposure, but Monroe County Human Services Child Protection was advised of the situation.
- Minnesota Gov. Mark Dayton says he will finish his term despite being diagnosed with prostate cancer
- A woman was arrested in Black Hills after abducting her kids
- Wisconsin manufacturing tax credit continues to grow
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Community Closings & Delays due to approaching storm
- Trial set for mom whose toddler was found wandering outside
- Wisconsin Democrats: County websites were hacked
- Bipartisan proposal would eliminate publishing minutes
- House committee approves bill that would charge protesters
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups