SPARTA, Wis. (WKBT) - One person sustained life-threatening injuries on Friday after a two-vehicle crash.
Around 3:30 p.m., 33-year-old Matthew E. Kuruzovich, of Sparta, was driving his 2014 Kia Optima westbound when he failed to stop at a stop sign at the intersection of Fillmore Avenue and County Highway I.
Kuruzovich's car was struck by a 2005 Ford F-250 driven by 32-year-old David L. Wacker, of Sparta.
After both vehicles came to a rest in the ditch on the West side of County Highway I, both drivers were extricated from their vehicles.
Kuruzovich was transported to Sparta Mayo Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries, while Wacker was transported to Gundersen Health System in La Crosse with life-threatening-injuries.
The Monroe County Sheriff's Office and the Wisconsin State Patrol are investigating the crash.
- Holmen teen facing attempted homicide charge following stabbing
- La Crosse Police Department sees increase in applicants
- Wisconsin Revenue Department touts anti-fraud efforts
- The Latest: Wisconsin superintendent hopefuls hold forum
- Two found dead near Oshkosh during welfare check
- Northside McDonald's temporarily closes due to relocation
- Previous mild winters help this year's snow budget
- Stripper sues club in popular tourist destination
- Appeals court won't put Trump's travel ban case on hold
- Pocan bringing immigrant to Trump's congressional speech