SPARTA, Wis. (WKBT) - One person sustained life-threatening injuries on Friday after a two-vehicle crash.
Around 3:30 p.m., 33-year-old Matthew E. Kuruzovich, of Sparta, was driving his 2014 Kia Optima westbound when he failed to stop at a stop sign at the intersection of Fillmore Avenue and County Highway I.
Kuruzovich's car was struck by a 2005 Ford F-250 driven by 32-year-old David L. Wacker, of Sparta.
After both vehicles came to a rest in the ditch on the West side of County Highway I, both drivers were extricated from their vehicles.
Kuruzovich was transported to Sparta Mayo Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries, while Wacker was transported to Gundersen Health System in La Crosse with life-threatening-injuries.
The Monroe County Sheriff's Office and the Wisconsin State Patrol are investigating the crash.
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Alternative transportation forum looks to the future
- Highway 53 steering committee considering options for corridor development
- Toyota donates nearly $15,000 to La Crosse YWCA
- Buzz's Bikes building still looking for new owners