SPARTA, Wis. (WKBT) - One person sustained life-threatening injuries on Friday after a two-vehicle crash.
Around 3:30 p.m., 33-year-old Matthew E. Kuruzovich, of Sparta, was driving his 2014 Kia Optima westbound when he failed to stop at a stop sign at the intersection of Fillmore Avenue and County Highway I.
Kuruzovich's car was struck by a 2005 Ford F-250 driven by 32-year-old David L. Wacker, of Sparta.
After both vehicles came to a rest in the ditch on the West side of County Highway I, both drivers were extricated from their vehicles.
Kuruzovich was transported to Sparta Mayo Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries, while Wacker was transported to Gundersen Health System in La Crosse with life-threatening-injuries.
The Monroe County Sheriff's Office and the Wisconsin State Patrol are investigating the crash.
- 4 killed, 5 injured in minivan-pickup crash in NW Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Democrats view Republican Gov. Walker as beatable
- Man being deported after transit officer asked about status
- Thousands traveling on Memorial Day weekend
- Community shares Memorial Day plans, traditions
- News 8 Sports Round Up- May 27, 2017
- Local Radio Shack closing permanently
- 3 Rivers Nutrition hosts beach fitness camp
- Wet weather delays crop planting
- Wisconsin 2016 job gain smallest in 6 years