SPARTA, Wis. (WKBT) - Sparta police arrested a 34-year-old woman on suspicion of Operating While Intoxicated and Reckless Driving Causing Injury after she struck a bicyclist from behind with her vehicle on Monday night.
Sparta police were called to Wisconsin Street just east of East Avenue in Sparta at about 10:20 p.m. for a traffic crash.
Jeremy D. Briggs, 38, of Sparta, was riding a bicycle eastbound on Wisconsin Street when he was struck from behind by a vehicle driven by Amber Rhodes, of Sparta, who was also driving eastbound, according to Sparta police. Briggs was transported by the Sparta Area Ambulance to Mayo Clinic Health Systems in Sparta and was later flown by Med-link to La Crosse with serious, but what appeared to be non-life-threatening injuries.
Traffic in the area of the crash was rerouted for about three hours. The Monroe County Sheriff's Department, Wisconsin State Patrol and the Monroe County Communications Center also assisted Sparta police with this incident.
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- Gundersen warns against travelling to Zika-impacted areas