LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Visitors at La Crosse's south branch library got the chance to taste some of their favorite tales today.
Participants of the Edible Book Fest, created a dish or dessert inspired by a book, and then voted on the best-looking edible masterpiece.
Kids crafts, and activities for the parents were featured, as well.
Library employees say the event gives their south-side location some much-deserved attention.
"It's fun to see that the library can be more than just books, that it can be DVDs and activities for all ages," said Carrie Wuensch-Harden, south branch manager. "It's just great to invite people in and see that we're here, our fantastic location."
More than 30 people entered their food creations into the contest.
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Monday closings due to weather
- Tomah police asking for help following morning high-speed chase
- US Rep. Pocan says he won't attend Trump inauguration
- Local activists hold "Save Our Healthcare" rally
- Local bar burglarized
- More than a dozen cell towers may go up in La Crosse
- Potential suicide spike in La Crosse County
- UPDATE: Suspect charged in Trempealeau County fatal crash
- Area youth group helps prepare for fundraiser