LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Visitors at La Crosse's south branch library got the chance to taste some of their favorite tales today.
Participants of the Edible Book Fest, created a dish or dessert inspired by a book, and then voted on the best-looking edible masterpiece.
Kids crafts, and activities for the parents were featured, as well.
Library employees say the event gives their south-side location some much-deserved attention.
"It's fun to see that the library can be more than just books, that it can be DVDs and activities for all ages," said Carrie Wuensch-Harden, south branch manager. "It's just great to invite people in and see that we're here, our fantastic location."
More than 30 people entered their food creations into the contest.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks