PAYNESVILLE, Minn. (AP) - Students at a Paynesville school were sent home early after air quality issues.
According to the district website, the Paynesville Area Secondary School students were to have been released at 11 a.m. Tuesday. That school has grades six through 12.
The district noted on its website that there were air quality concerns. The elementary school was expected to remain in session.
Parent Paul Thielen told the St. Cloud Times they were testing for carbon monoxide poisoning Monday night after students fainted at a concert. He said he saw students being escorted from the high school to the middle school area with oxygen masks on Tuesday morning.
Messages left at the school and police department seeking more information were not immediately returned Tuesday.
- Trump's inauguration, weekend protests: What to know
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death
- Stolen passwords used to change some grades, university says
- Search resumes for girl missing in western Iowa river
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December