ONALASKA, Wis. (WKBT) - A family-friendly event kicked off in Onalaska Saturday.
The annual Soberfest gives kids and their parents an opportunity to come out and have a great time without drinking or worrying about where to find a ride home. The niche festival offers up dozens of activities to keep families having fun, minus the beer.
"We've got tons of activities for the kids, face painting, rock climbing, inflatable dunk tanks, cotton candy, we've got some great, great entertainment happening on the stage behind me, and also just great meals," said Joe Rigelsky, one of the organizers.
Organizers estimate nearly 4,000 people came out to take part in this year's event.
- Trump's inauguration, weekend protests: What to know
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death
- Stolen passwords used to change some grades, university says
- Search resumes for girl missing in western Iowa river
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December