ONALASKA, Wis. (WKBT) - A family-friendly event kicked off in Onalaska Saturday.
The annual Soberfest gives kids and their parents an opportunity to come out and have a great time without drinking or worrying about where to find a ride home. The niche festival offers up dozens of activities to keep families having fun, minus the beer.
"We've got tons of activities for the kids, face painting, rock climbing, inflatable dunk tanks, cotton candy, we've got some great, great entertainment happening on the stage behind me, and also just great meals," said Joe Rigelsky, one of the organizers.
Organizers estimate nearly 4,000 people came out to take part in this year's event.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 22, 2017
- Between the Bluffs Beer, Wine and Cheese Festival draws thousands
- Community garden sees rush of Earth Day volunteers