ONALASKA, WI (WKBT) - Area snowmobilers are thanking area troops today as they ride the trails.
The first annual Coulee Region Snowmobile Ride kicked off this morning from Onalaska.
Dozens of snowmobilers took part in the ride to help raise money for Operation Homefront.
Organizers of the ride say it's a way to give back to the community and to veterans... and the home-front organization is grateful for their help.
"[Operation Homefront is] very excited about us doing this ride," said organizer Dan Johnson. "They've never had any group do a snowmobile ride for them. They're kind of back and forth between other projects for the winter. It's kind of their slow time, so they were really excited about us doing the event."
Participants raised more than $800 for Operation Homefront, and presented the money to the organization this afternoon.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US