TOWN OF CLYMAN, WI (AP) - Snow-covered roads are being blamed in a fatal traffic accident in the Town of Clyman in Dodge County of southeastern Wisconsin.
The sheriff's office says the driver lost control on the slippery county road about 9 a.m. Sunday. The car slipped off the road and struck a railroad signal gate.
The driver, a 77-year-old man from Jefferson, suffered non-life threatening injuries. His passenger, a 77-year-old woman from Jefferson, was flown to Aurora Medical Center in Summit, where she was pronounced dead.
Names are being withheld pending notification of relatives.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Course teaches Somali culture in central Minnesota
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership