TOWN OF CLYMAN, WI (AP) - Snow-covered roads are being blamed in a fatal traffic accident in the Town of Clyman in Dodge County of southeastern Wisconsin.
The sheriff's office says the driver lost control on the slippery county road about 9 a.m. Sunday. The car slipped off the road and struck a railroad signal gate.
The driver, a 77-year-old man from Jefferson, suffered non-life threatening injuries. His passenger, a 77-year-old woman from Jefferson, was flown to Aurora Medical Center in Summit, where she was pronounced dead.
Names are being withheld pending notification of relatives.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- Injured Packers Nelson, Adams could be game-time decisions
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial