CENTERVILLE, Iowa (AP) - A small but smoky fire forced evacuation of a nursing home in the south-central Iowa city of Centerville.
The Daily Iowegian reports that firetrucks were sent to the Golden Age Care Center a little after 3:15 a.m. Tuesday.
Several dozen residents were evacuated as firefighters looked for the blaze. Authorities say a small fire was found above the ceiling in the administrative offices and was quickly extinguished.
No injuries have been reported.
Centerville Fire Chief Mike Bogle says an electrical problem is suspected as the fire cause.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Urban Beekeeping
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse