LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The sixth annual 'Slicing of the Golden Bratwurst' kicked off the day's Oktoberfest events this morning.
The eight foot long bratwurst is made by Bakalars in La Crosse, and it's a little longer each year. The sausage alone weighs 65 pounds this year, and when you add in the bun and all that sauerkraut it tips the scales at about 90 pounds.
The first cut of the brat was made with a sword.
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Local students compete in dairy cook off
- Cub scouts donate bird nest boxes to La Crosse marsh
- La Crosse Police policies to be assessed in accreditation process
- Excessive use of technology among youth raising concerns