LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The sixth annual 'Slicing of the Golden Bratwurst' kicked off the day's Oktoberfest events this morning.
The eight foot long bratwurst is made by Bakalars in La Crosse, and it's a little longer each year. The sausage alone weighs 65 pounds this year, and when you add in the bun and all that sauerkraut it tips the scales at about 90 pounds.
The first cut of the brat was made with a sword.
- Minnesota Gov. Mark Dayton says he will finish his term despite being diagnosed with prostate cancer
- La Crosse in top 20 college towns
- Assignment: Education - Global Partners mentors Hamilton students
- Trump to take executive action advancing oil pipelines
- United Way nears campaign goal
- Mayo study proposes method to lower circumcision costs
- La Crosse County sees record home sales in 2016
- Couleecap granted $53,000 for entrepreneurial support
- End of TPP leaves farmers and business leaders concerned
- Education tax credit causes stir at Minnesota Legislature