LA CROSSE, WI (WKBT) - The La Crosse Skyrockers are almost ready to debut their annual New Year's Eve firework show.
They were at Myrick park in La Crosse Saturday, setting up for the celebration and hoping to make this year's show better than ever
Planning started earlier this year, but with the show just days away, workers are putting the final touches on their finished product.
There are lots of places to watch the fireworks, including the veteran memorial stadium at UW-La Crosse.
The New Year's celebration is a tradition La Crosse has been putting on for more than 80 years.
"When they first started out it was a group of ten guys and they all kicked in about ten bucks, and it was right after they great depression," said Jonathan Vermes, Skyrockers spokesperson. "And the whole reason they started was because they wanted something to do to show the next year will be better. And ever since then we've always held to the mantra that next year will always be better."
The annual celebration is paid for by donations recieved throughout the past year.23683042
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Gundersen warns against travelling to Zika-impacted areas
- Todd English named Firefighter of the Year for 2016