LA CROSSE, WI (WKBT) - The La Crosse Skyrockers are almost ready to debut their annual New Year's Eve firework show.
They were at Myrick park in La Crosse Saturday, setting up for the celebration and hoping to make this year's show better than ever
Planning started earlier this year, but with the show just days away, workers are putting the final touches on their finished product.
There are lots of places to watch the fireworks, including the veteran memorial stadium at UW-La Crosse.
The New Year's celebration is a tradition La Crosse has been putting on for more than 80 years.
"When they first started out it was a group of ten guys and they all kicked in about ten bucks, and it was right after they great depression," said Jonathan Vermes, Skyrockers spokesperson. "And the whole reason they started was because they wanted something to do to show the next year will be better. And ever since then we've always held to the mantra that next year will always be better."
The annual celebration is paid for by donations recieved throughout the past year.23683042
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Urban Beekeeping
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse