MILWAUKEE (AP) - It's Opening Day in Milwaukee, where skies are clear and blue but temperatures aren't expected to get above the high 30s.
The Brewers host the Colorado Rockies on Monday. The first pitch is at 1:10 p.m.
Milwaukee will have a familiar face on the mound. Yovani Gallardo makes his fourth opening-day start for the Brewers, who begin the season against Colorado for the second time in four years.
The Brewers are hoping to improve on last year's disappointing season, when they finished third in the NL Central. They were 83-79, 14 games behind division champion Cincinnati.
Milwaukee will be relying on a youth movement this year. The Brewers have eight players who are on an opening-day roster for the first time, including pitchers Wily Peralta, Mike Fiers and Jim Henderson.
- Man being deported after transit officer asked about status
- Thousands traveling on Memorial Day weekend
- Community shares Memorial Day plans, traditions
- Wet weather delays crop planting
- Proposed bill aims to bring veterans into agriculture
- Wisconsin 2016 job gain smallest in 6 years
- Small school graduates four sets of twins
- News 8 Sports Round Up- May 27, 2017
- Local Radio Shack closing permanently
- 3 Rivers Nutrition hosts beach fitness camp