MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Six candidates have filed paperwork to challenge three Democratic state senators in recall elections this summer.
The nomination papers filed Tuesday show that each race features the Democratic incumbent along with two challengers each registered as a Republican. That means each race would have a Republican primary on July 19 and a general election on Aug. 16.
The paperwork still has to be verified by the state Government Accountability Board. That should wrap up by next week.
The Democrats being targeted for recall are Sens. Dave Hansen of Green Bay, Jim Holperin of Conover and Robert Wirch of Pleasant Prairie. They're being targeted for opposing Republican Gov. Scott Walker's efforts to remove collective-bargaining rights from most public workers.
Six Republican state senators are also being targeted for supporting that measure.
- Wisconsin man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- GOP bill would discipline hecklers at UW speeches
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Wisconsin judge hears challenge to homemade bakery ban
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure
- Teen who stabbed classmate was punched by victim
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Hate crime lawsuit settled in northern Iowa
- Milwaukee Bucks settle lawsuit over cheerleader pay