MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Six candidates have filed paperwork to challenge three Democratic state senators in recall elections this summer.
The nomination papers filed Tuesday show that each race features the Democratic incumbent along with two challengers each registered as a Republican. That means each race would have a Republican primary on July 19 and a general election on Aug. 16.
The paperwork still has to be verified by the state Government Accountability Board. That should wrap up by next week.
The Democrats being targeted for recall are Sens. Dave Hansen of Green Bay, Jim Holperin of Conover and Robert Wirch of Pleasant Prairie. They're being targeted for opposing Republican Gov. Scott Walker's efforts to remove collective-bargaining rights from most public workers.
Six Republican state senators are also being targeted for supporting that measure.
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Democrats propose legalizing medical marijuana
- Baldwin, Kind both attending inauguration while Pocan skips
- New faces breathe new life into debate on Sunday booze ban
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Rodgers appears on cover of Sports Illustrated
- Evers has $117,000 in bank for superintendent run