WAUSAU, Wis. (AP) - A baby sitter has been sentenced to 20 months in prison for violently abusing an infant and his 2-year-old brother.
Daily Herald Media reports that tears streamed down Jennifer Cronin's face as the 20-year-old Rothschild woman was led from the Marathon County Courthouse in handcuffs after her sentencing Friday. She was convicted in November.
Cronin was charged last year after police viewed video from a nanny camera that showed Cronin slapping, pushing, shoving and yelling at the children.
Circuit Judge Mike Moran called the video one of the most shocking he's ever seen.
Defense attorney Richard Lawson said the video showed an "isolated incident" from a young woman suffering from intense stress because of her father's declining health, a recent surgery and a breakup with an abusive boyfriend.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death