WAUSAU, Wis. (AP) - A baby sitter has been sentenced to 20 months in prison for violently abusing an infant and his 2-year-old brother.
Daily Herald Media reports that tears streamed down Jennifer Cronin's face as the 20-year-old Rothschild woman was led from the Marathon County Courthouse in handcuffs after her sentencing Friday. She was convicted in November.
Cronin was charged last year after police viewed video from a nanny camera that showed Cronin slapping, pushing, shoving and yelling at the children.
Circuit Judge Mike Moran called the video one of the most shocking he's ever seen.
Defense attorney Richard Lawson said the video showed an "isolated incident" from a young woman suffering from intense stress because of her father's declining health, a recent surgery and a breakup with an abusive boyfriend.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Urban Beekeeping
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse