EAU CLAIRE, Wis. (AP) - The emergency vehicles, warning lights, smoke and fire at the Chippewa Valley Regional Airport are only a drill.
Rescue crews from the area will practice their response to a plane crash. WQOW-TV says Eau Claire County Emergency Management is coordinating the drill beginning Monday morning.
The smoke and fire is from simulation equipment. Officials say the training is expected to wrap up by 8 p.m.
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Alternative transportation forum looks to the future
- Highway 53 steering committee considering options for corridor development
- Toyota donates nearly $15,000 to La Crosse YWCA
- Buzz's Bikes building still looking for new owners