WINONA, Minn. (WKBT) - A man was shot Friday night, the Winona Police Department said.
Authorities said that around 10:30 p.m. Friday, officers went to a residence on the 300 block of East 3rd Street, where a shooting had been reported.
Authorities found a 20-year-old man with a gunshot wound to the head.
The man was transported to Winona Health and later was transferred to Gundersen Lutheran Hospital in La Crosse, where he was listed in critical condition.
The Winona Police Department said a 20-year-old Winona man was arrested in connection with the crime after officers interviewed several witnesses at the scene.
The suspect is currently in custody and the case is pending review from the Winona County Attorney’s Office.
More details are expected to be released later.
- 4 killed, 5 injured in minivan-pickup crash in NW Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Democrats view Republican Gov. Walker as beatable
- Man being deported after transit officer asked about status
- Thousands traveling on Memorial Day weekend
- Community shares Memorial Day plans, traditions
- News 8 Sports Round Up- May 27, 2017
- Local Radio Shack closing permanently
- 3 Rivers Nutrition hosts beach fitness camp
- Wet weather delays crop planting
- Wisconsin 2016 job gain smallest in 6 years