WINONA, Minn. (WKBT) - A man was shot Friday night, the Winona Police Department said.
Authorities said that around 10:30 p.m. Friday, officers went to a residence on the 300 block of East 3rd Street, where a shooting had been reported.
Authorities found a 20-year-old man with a gunshot wound to the head.
The man was transported to Winona Health and later was transferred to Gundersen Lutheran Hospital in La Crosse, where he was listed in critical condition.
The Winona Police Department said a 20-year-old Winona man was arrested in connection with the crime after officers interviewed several witnesses at the scene.
The suspect is currently in custody and the case is pending review from the Winona County Attorney’s Office.
More details are expected to be released later.
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Alternative transportation forum looks to the future
- Highway 53 steering committee considering options for corridor development
- Toyota donates nearly $15,000 to La Crosse YWCA
- Buzz's Bikes building still looking for new owners