WINONA, Minn. (WKBT) - A man was shot Friday night, the Winona Police Department said.
Authorities said that around 10:30 p.m. Friday, officers went to a residence on the 300 block of East 3rd Street, where a shooting had been reported.
Authorities found a 20-year-old man with a gunshot wound to the head.
The man was transported to Winona Health and later was transferred to Gundersen Lutheran Hospital in La Crosse, where he was listed in critical condition.
The Winona Police Department said a 20-year-old Winona man was arrested in connection with the crime after officers interviewed several witnesses at the scene.
The suspect is currently in custody and the case is pending review from the Winona County Attorney’s Office.
More details are expected to be released later.
- Holmen teen facing attempted homicide charge following stabbing
- La Crosse Police Department sees increase in applicants
- Wisconsin Revenue Department touts anti-fraud efforts
- The Latest: Wisconsin superintendent hopefuls hold forum
- Two found dead near Oshkosh during welfare check
- Northside McDonald's temporarily closes due to relocation
- Previous mild winters help this year's snow budget
- Stripper sues club in popular tourist destination
- Appeals court won't put Trump's travel ban case on hold
- Pocan bringing immigrant to Trump's congressional speech