PINE CITY, Minn. (AP) - A Pine County sheriff's deputy is charged with stealing prescription drugs while on duty.
A criminal complaint charges Justin Stoddard with seven criminal counts, including theft of a controlled substance and misconduct. The complaint says the 27-year-old deputy took prescribed oxycodone from a Hinckley residence in September while investigating a custody dispute.
The deputy is also accused of taking prescription drugs from a home in Pine City in October when he stopped by to warn the residents about narcotics thieves he purported were casing the neighborhood.
Stoddard is on administrative leave from the sheriff's department. The deputy did not immediately return a call seeking comment.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Course teaches Somali culture in central Minnesota
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership