PINE CITY, Minn. (AP) - A Pine County sheriff's deputy is charged with stealing prescription drugs while on duty.
A criminal complaint charges Justin Stoddard with seven criminal counts, including theft of a controlled substance and misconduct. The complaint says the 27-year-old deputy took prescribed oxycodone from a Hinckley residence in September while investigating a custody dispute.
The deputy is also accused of taking prescription drugs from a home in Pine City in October when he stopped by to warn the residents about narcotics thieves he purported were casing the neighborhood.
Stoddard is on administrative leave from the sheriff's department. The deputy did not immediately return a call seeking comment.
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Icy weather brings danger
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Pocan no longer attending inauguration