HUDSON, Wis. (AP) - An off-duty sheriff's commander has been shot while scouting a hunting spot in St. Croix County.
Sheriff's officials in Washington Co., Minn., say Cmdr. Jerry Cusick was shot once with a long-barreled shotgun in the town of Somerset Tuesday about 7:30 a.m. by another hunter.
The St. Paul Pioneer Press says Cusick was taken to Regions Hospital in St. Paul, Minn., where he is in good condition. Sheriff Bill Hutton says Cusick was not armed when he was shot. The shooting is under investigation.
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Handful of rat virus cases seen in Wisconsin and Illinois
- Pocan compliments Trump before skipping inauguration
- Nebraska, Iowa Guard troops assigned inauguration duties
- E. Iowa man charged in death of woman killed by cannon
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge