HUDSON, Wis. (AP) - An off-duty sheriff's commander has been shot while scouting a hunting spot in St. Croix County.
Sheriff's officials in Washington Co., Minn., say Cmdr. Jerry Cusick was shot once with a long-barreled shotgun in the town of Somerset Tuesday about 7:30 a.m. by another hunter.
The St. Paul Pioneer Press says Cusick was taken to Regions Hospital in St. Paul, Minn., where he is in good condition. Sheriff Bill Hutton says Cusick was not armed when he was shot. The shooting is under investigation.
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking
- West Salem Middle School raises awareness for importance of physical activity
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure