SHEBOYGAN, Wis. (AP) -- Coca-Cola plans to close its Sheboygan production plant by the end of March, putting about 40 people out of work.
The Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development announced the closing Wednesday.
According to a letter from Coca-Cola Refreshments USA Inc., the company is offering workers a severance package.
The positions being eliminated include merchandisers, drivers and managers.
No reason was given for the closing. The Sheboygan Press (http://shebpr.es/14szuAL) reports Coca-Cola officials could not be reached for comment.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing