BARRON, Wis. (AP) - A man convicted of causing the death of a 15-year-old boy in a crash in Barron County has been sentenced to 6 1/2 years in prison.
Twenty-three-year-old Wade Richey, of Spooner, was sentenced in Barron County Wednesday in the death of Triston Sager. WQOW-TV says the teen was riding in the cargo portion of Richey's SUV when it crashed in 2012. Another passenger who was injured told investigators Richey knew he had bad brakes, but was driving more than 90 miles an hour and sliding around curves in the road.
Richey was earlier found guilty of homicide by use of a controlled substance and reckless driving causing great bodily harm.
- Spike in attempted suicides at La Crosse's Juvenile Detention Facility prompts changes
- Teen dies in Vernon County hunting accident
- Police and Fire Commission to vote on new Fire Chief Wednesday
- Walker defends property tax cut, issues veto threat
- Road for UWL ends at NCAA III Midwest Regional title game
- News 8 Sports Round Up - May 22, 2017
- Downtown businesses ask for changes to weekend street parking rules
- WisCorps launching new Inclusive Crew
- Lane closures coming to I-90 on Dresbach Bridge
- ‘Click It or Ticket' regional campaign begins in Minnesota