BARRON, Wis. (AP) - A man convicted of causing the death of a 15-year-old boy in a crash in Barron County has been sentenced to 6 1/2 years in prison.
Twenty-three-year-old Wade Richey, of Spooner, was sentenced in Barron County Wednesday in the death of Triston Sager. WQOW-TV says the teen was riding in the cargo portion of Richey's SUV when it crashed in 2012. Another passenger who was injured told investigators Richey knew he had bad brakes, but was driving more than 90 miles an hour and sliding around curves in the road.
Richey was earlier found guilty of homicide by use of a controlled substance and reckless driving causing great bodily harm.
- New safety measures on the way to Norplex Drive after recent creek death
- Rep. Walz mulling Democratic bid for Minnesota governor
- Gundersen program helps mothers, parents with drug addictions
- La Crosse rally supports transgender youth
- Wisconsin attorney general appeals redistricting ruling
- Officers go 'wild' in support of Special Olympics
- Family Fest returns to La Crosse Center this weekend
- Vikings' stadium board at full strength after resignations
- Storm misses Birkie course, race canceled
- Judges express skepticism over claims in voting cases