It was a one-stop-shop for seniors at the Valley View Mall in Onalaska Saturday, June 8.
The Coulee Region RSVP organization hosted the Senior Expo for Active Adults and Seniors.
The event brings in organizations from around the area to set up booths and provide information on what services they have to offer the elderly.
It included everything from in-home care to financial services to assisted living opportunities.20516060
One of the nurses at Saturday's event says it's important for seniors to take the time now when they're healthy to plan for what care they want to receive in the future.
"It's very difficult at that moment to gather the information and to process it that's why we like to bring the awareness so that in the non emergent moment you're able to understand the resources," said Louise Albrecht, RN Case Manager, Bright Star.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- M.S. Walk raising money for medical research
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies