ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) - After an extended wait, two of Gov. Mark Dayton's cabinet members are officially in place.
The Minnesota Senate Thursday confirmed Jim Schowalter as the commissioner of the state's budget department, and Larry Pogemiller as director of the Office of Higher Education.
The previous Republican-controlled Senate didn't take up confirmation of Dayton's appointees.
Schowalter has been on the job at the Minnesota Management and Budget awaiting confirmation for more than two years. Dayton appointed Schowalter to lead the Minnesota Management and Budget Department back in December 2010. He has worked at MMB since 1994.
Pogemiller left the Legislature after 30 years, including four as Senate majority leader, when Dayton appointed him to take over the Office of Higher Education in October 2011.
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Alternative transportation forum looks to the future
- Highway 53 steering committee considering options for corridor development
- Toyota donates nearly $15,000 to La Crosse YWCA
- Buzz's Bikes building still looking for new owners