VERNON COUNTY, Wis. (WKBT) - A driver going southbound on State Highway 35 lost control on icy roads lost control of his semi Thursday night and overturned in the Genoa Fish Hatchery pond, according to the Vernon County Sheriff's Department.
The driver, 64-year-old James Gobrecht, of Belmont, received minor injuries. The sheriff's department said he was able to climb out of the semi with the help from Genoa firefighters and a sheriff's deputy on scene.
Authorities said the semi-trailer was fully loaded and it took several hours for the wreckers to remove the tractor and trailer from the pond.
The Genoa Fire Department, Genoa First Responders, Tri-State Ambulance Service, and the Wisconsin State Patrol assisted the Vernon County Sheriff's Department with this incident.
- Dayton plots big budget with public health insurance option
- A woman was arrested in Black Hills after abducting her kids
- Wisconsin manufacturing tax credit continues to grow
- Walker to deliver budget address on Feb. 8
- Community Closings & Delays due to approaching storm
- End of TPP leaves farmers and business leaders concerned
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Trial set for mom whose toddler was found wandering outside
- Education tax credit causes stir at Minnesota Legislature
- Wisconsin Democrats: County websites were hacked