VERNON COUNTY, Wis. (WKBT) - A driver going southbound on State Highway 35 lost control on icy roads lost control of his semi Thursday night and overturned in the Genoa Fish Hatchery pond, according to the Vernon County Sheriff's Department.
The driver, 64-year-old James Gobrecht, of Belmont, received minor injuries. The sheriff's department said he was able to climb out of the semi with the help from Genoa firefighters and a sheriff's deputy on scene.
Authorities said the semi-trailer was fully loaded and it took several hours for the wreckers to remove the tractor and trailer from the pond.
The Genoa Fire Department, Genoa First Responders, Tri-State Ambulance Service, and the Wisconsin State Patrol assisted the Vernon County Sheriff's Department with this incident.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks