LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Golfers in the area had a chance to tee off for a good cause Saturday by participating in the Charles Miller Bowtie Classic Golf Outing.
The second annual event was in honor of Dr. Miller and the funds raised will go towards the La Crosse Public Education Foundation.
Although the day started off with some cloud cover, one organizer said he expects to raise more money this year.
"We've only done it once before and raised $10,000. My guess this time we are going to walk away with a bit more because we have almost twice as many golfers involved," said Charles Miller Bowtie Classic Golf Outing Event Organizer Dick Swantz.
Those who participated also had an educational experience. At each hole, golfers were asked a question. If they got it right they could subtract a stroke from their score.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Urban Beekeeping
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse