LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The weather didn't stop one outdoor fundraiser from going strong Saturday.
Local scouting troops spent the day at the La Crosse landfill, helping people unload their metal donations. All the metal collected this week has gone to support our area's scout troops. From pop cans to washers and dryers, all the metal donations have helped raise money for scout services and scholarships.
Coordinators say the fundraiser doesn't just raise money - it does some good for our environment, too.
"We thought it was awesome to do something sustainable and raise funds at the same time, rather than most fundraisers are using fundraisers are using resources and using things up," said Tammy Schmitz, one of the coordinators. "This way we're taking things back and recycling to make new things. It's very sustainable."
- Wisconsin Democrats hoping to make points with Trump guests
- Accused driver talks about crash that killed couple
- Holmen teen facing attempted homicide charge following stabbing
- La Crosse Police Department sees increase in applicants
- Committee to hold hearing on youth prison bill
- Fatal shooting by deputy in Lincoln County investigated
- Trial set for Iowa mother whose baby died on changing table
- News 8 Sports Round Up - February 27, 2017
- Northside McDonald's temporarily closes due to relocation
- Previous mild winters help this year's snow budget