LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - It's been a busy summer for the La Crosse School District.
The district is working to finish its new Northside Elementary school... which school officials say is about 90% complete. Construction crews are also working on four new security entrances, two roofing projects, and renovations on three parking lots at Central High School. The district hopes the new parking lots will help improve traffic flow around the school.
With all these projects in the works, crews are working nonstop to finish them before school is back in session.
"It's really just staying on top of it day to day, making sure we stay on schedule. Making sure the weather cooperates so we can stay to a tight schedule. The bottom line is we only have about 8-weeks to get these projects done," said Joe Ledvina, the district's Building and Grounds Supervisor.
The district expects all of the projects to be finished by the start of school.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.