LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - It's been a busy summer for the La Crosse School District.
The district is working to finish its new Northside Elementary school... which school officials say is about 90% complete. Construction crews are also working on four new security entrances, two roofing projects, and renovations on three parking lots at Central High School. The district hopes the new parking lots will help improve traffic flow around the school.
With all these projects in the works, crews are working nonstop to finish them before school is back in session.
"It's really just staying on top of it day to day, making sure we stay on schedule. Making sure the weather cooperates so we can stay to a tight schedule. The bottom line is we only have about 8-weeks to get these projects done," said Joe Ledvina, the district's Building and Grounds Supervisor.
The district expects all of the projects to be finished by the start of school.
- Wisconsin state schools superintendent field to be narrowed
- Report: State trooper faces child porn charges
- 3 children, semi driver injured in crash
- Green Bay's mayor survives removal petition
- Looking ahead: Spring road construction
- Groomer accused of kicking dog gets 2 years of probation
- Winter thaw reveals needles in streets
- News 8 Investigates - Watching the Watchers
- Truck driver fatally crushed by pipe near Minneapolis
- Driver identified in bizarre car crash Sunday