LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - It's been a busy summer for the La Crosse School District.
The district is working to finish its new Northside Elementary school... which school officials say is about 90% complete. Construction crews are also working on four new security entrances, two roofing projects, and renovations on three parking lots at Central High School. The district hopes the new parking lots will help improve traffic flow around the school.
With all these projects in the works, crews are working nonstop to finish them before school is back in session.
"It's really just staying on top of it day to day, making sure we stay on schedule. Making sure the weather cooperates so we can stay to a tight schedule. The bottom line is we only have about 8-weeks to get these projects done," said Joe Ledvina, the district's Building and Grounds Supervisor.
The district expects all of the projects to be finished by the start of school.
- La Crosse Police urge boaters to be safe over weekend
- De Soto student in custody for school threat
- Rail tank car helps first responders prepare in case of derailment
- Locomotive engine oil spill in Jackson county
- The Latest: Teens in Wisconsin plane crash identified
- The Latest: Teen plane crash survivor in serious condition
- Wisconsin seeks to be first to drug test Medicaid applicants
- Wisconsin woman jumps on hood of her SUV to prevent theft
- Minneapolis plastic bag ban could be blocked
- Task force catches more criminals exploiting children online