MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- The Wisconsin board that oversees elections says all recall petitions targeting four Republican state senators have been scanned into computers.
The Government Accountability Board says about 89,300 pages of petitions targeting Gov. Scott Walker have also been scanned but about 63,000 pages remain. None of the 140,000 pages of petitions targeting Lt. Gov. Rebecca Kleefisch have been scanned yet.
Board staff and dozens of temporary workers are scanning all the petitions so electronic copies can be provided to the targeted office holders and the public. The petition signatures will also be entered into a database where fake names and duplicates can be found and removed.8478778
The board has no estimate of when it will be done.
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Excessive use of technology among youth raising concerns
- CSAs connecting fresh produce to consumers
- La Crosse 12-year-old to clean up skate park with community help
- Thousands honored in La Crosse for volunteering