MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- The Wisconsin board that oversees elections says all recall petitions targeting four Republican state senators have been scanned into computers.
The Government Accountability Board says about 89,300 pages of petitions targeting Gov. Scott Walker have also been scanned but about 63,000 pages remain. None of the 140,000 pages of petitions targeting Lt. Gov. Rebecca Kleefisch have been scanned yet.
Board staff and dozens of temporary workers are scanning all the petitions so electronic copies can be provided to the targeted office holders and the public. The petition signatures will also be entered into a database where fake names and duplicates can be found and removed.8478778
The board has no estimate of when it will be done.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.