MADISON, WI (AP) - South Carolina Republican U.S. Sen. Tim Scott has followed up a fundraiser in Milwaukee with a meeting designed to highlight the GOP's outreach to minority communities.
Scott was in Milwaukee on Wednesday for a noontime fundraiser. After that, he participated in a round table discussion with Milwaukee-area young people at a local church. The event was sponsored by the African American caucus of the Wisconsin Republican Party.
Wisconsin Republican Party executive director Joe Fadness said Thursday the event is the latest in a series the GOP is organizing to reach out to the African American community.
Wisconsin Democratic Party spokeswoman Melissa Baldauff says Republicans are only paying lip service to diversity and that their policies disproportionately harm minorities, seniors, women, students and veterans.
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Gundersen warns against travelling to Zika-impacted areas
- Todd English named Firefighter of the Year for 2016