MADISON, WI (AP) - South Carolina Republican U.S. Sen. Tim Scott has followed up a fundraiser in Milwaukee with a meeting designed to highlight the GOP's outreach to minority communities.
Scott was in Milwaukee on Wednesday for a noontime fundraiser. After that, he participated in a round table discussion with Milwaukee-area young people at a local church. The event was sponsored by the African American caucus of the Wisconsin Republican Party.
Wisconsin Republican Party executive director Joe Fadness said Thursday the event is the latest in a series the GOP is organizing to reach out to the African American community.
Wisconsin Democratic Party spokeswoman Melissa Baldauff says Republicans are only paying lip service to diversity and that their policies disproportionately harm minorities, seniors, women, students and veterans.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Urban Beekeeping
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse