LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - You won't be seeing anymore bell ringers this year, but the Salvation Army is still looking for your help to meet its holiday goal.
A special donation match event starts Thursday for the organization's Red Kettle Campaign.
A community member who wants to stay anonymous says he or she will match up to $5,000 donated Thursday through the end of the year.
Anonymous donor to match up to $5,000 donated in-person at organization's administrative office, 1223 N. 8th Street in La Crosse, through December 31.
The Salvation Army is about 70-percent of the way to meeting its 2013 Red Kettle goal.23662458
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest