LA CROSSE, Wis. - The snow that fell in some parts of our area this week has some people thinking ahead to the holiday season.
That includes people with the Salvation Army in La Crosse, who are operating a Christmas Headquarters across from Festival Foods on Copeland Avenue.
It's a central location for a number of programs, including the Angel Trees and Coats for Kids programs, which provides free coats to needy kids and families.17326076
"They have no coats. They have nothing. Little children have no coats, no blankets. You know, why? I don't know, but it's just sad," said Jeff Hoch, volunteer coordinator with the Salvation Army.
The headquarters is open November 12-14. They are expecting to help as many as 3,000 families this year.
- Trump, Walker discuss Wisconsin dairy dispute
- Prosecutor: No water for week led to jail dehydration death
- Student stabbed at Kenosha high school
- House Republicans pass abortion bills
- Report: Saints, running back Peterson agree on contract
- Federal officials charge 15 with eagle trafficking
- Cool, wet conditions put damper on Minnesota spring planting
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Assignment: Education - Backpack meals