LA CROSSE, WI - We're still months away from the Christmas season, but you can now sign up for bell ringing shifts as part of the Salvation Army's Red Kettle Campaign.
Bell ringers who want to sign up for a specific date and/or location can do so online at www.bells2ring.org and click on Kettle Dude. There are 3,721 bell ringing shifts at 23 locations.
The site opened to the "Golden Bell Ringers"—those who rang for 10 or more shifts last year—on August first. The University of Wisconsin-La Crosse chapter of Habitat for Humanity has already pledged to fill all bell ringing sites all day on Saturday, December 7.
The La Crosse Salvation Army says bell ringing begins on November 15. Beginning November 22, bell ringers are needed for every week day plus Saturday through December 24.
Last year, people donated about $678,000 to the La Crosse Salvation Army's Red Kettle Campaign. The money helps fund food, shelter and social services for the homeless and people in need.21491478
- The Latest: Walker proposes new welfare work requirements
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser
- Parents accused of starving teen daughter plead not guilty
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore