LA CROSSE, WI - We're still months away from the Christmas season, but you can now sign up for bell ringing shifts as part of the Salvation Army's Red Kettle Campaign.
Bell ringers who want to sign up for a specific date and/or location can do so online at www.bells2ring.org and click on Kettle Dude. There are 3,721 bell ringing shifts at 23 locations.
The site opened to the "Golden Bell Ringers"—those who rang for 10 or more shifts last year—on August first. The University of Wisconsin-La Crosse chapter of Habitat for Humanity has already pledged to fill all bell ringing sites all day on Saturday, December 7.
The La Crosse Salvation Army says bell ringing begins on November 15. Beginning November 22, bell ringers are needed for every week day plus Saturday through December 24.
Last year, people donated about $678,000 to the La Crosse Salvation Army's Red Kettle Campaign. The money helps fund food, shelter and social services for the homeless and people in need.21491478
- Hunger Task Force garners tons of food through Family Fest
- La Crosse Fire Department offering free smoke alarm installation
- Area prospective home buyers learning basics
- Sunday liquor sales heads for final Minnesota Senate vote
- Viterbo celebrates one year of 'Service Saturdays'
- New safety measures on the way to Norplex Drive after recent creek death
- Rep. Walz mulling Democratic bid for Minnesota governor
- Gundersen program helps mothers, parents with drug addictions
- Wisconsin attorney general appeals redistricting ruling
- Researchers may have found link between stress and weight gain