WAUKESHA, Wis. (AP) - The Golden Guernsey Dairy plant in Waukesha could soon have a new owner less than two months after it closed and filed for bankruptcy.
A creditor in the Chapter 7 bankruptcy, Accord Financial, says a bankruptcy trustee is apparently negotiating a sale of the plant and all of its equipment.
A private equity firm from Los Angeles, Calif., bought the plant in 2011 and shut down the company Jan. 5, resulting in the loss of more than 100 jobs. The dairy processor has been in the Milwaukee area for more than 80 years.
The Journal Sentinel says the plant is being run on a limited basis by a handful of employees to prepare for a sale.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- M.S. Walk raising money for medical research
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies