WAUKESHA, Wis. (AP) - The Golden Guernsey Dairy plant in Waukesha could soon have a new owner less than two months after it closed and filed for bankruptcy.
A creditor in the Chapter 7 bankruptcy, Accord Financial, says a bankruptcy trustee is apparently negotiating a sale of the plant and all of its equipment.
A private equity firm from Los Angeles, Calif., bought the plant in 2011 and shut down the company Jan. 5, resulting in the loss of more than 100 jobs. The dairy processor has been in the Milwaukee area for more than 80 years.
The Journal Sentinel says the plant is being run on a limited basis by a handful of employees to prepare for a sale.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Man arrested in apparent Hibbing homicide
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Icy weather brings danger
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin