MILWAUKEE, WI - Ryan Braun has finally admitted taking performance-enhancing drugs during his NL MVP season of 2011.
The suspended Milwaukee slugger says in a statement released Thursday by the Brewers that he took a cream and a lozenge containing banned substances while rehabilitating an injury.
Braun tested positive for elevated testosterone in October 2011, but his 50-game suspension was overturned when an arbitrator ruled that the urine sample was mishandled.
Braun apologized to the collector of the urine sample, his teammates and Commissioner Bud Selig.
Last month he accepted a 65-game suspension resulting from Major League Baseball's investigation of the Biogenesis of America anti-aging clinic.21616390
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking
- West Salem Middle School raises awareness for importance of physical activity
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure